Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Window into Other People's World

Let's face it, some people are just more fabulous than others. That's why  facebook was invented--TO POINT THAT FACT OUT TO ME!! (when I use all caps in bold, that's me yelling) For some people, Facebook is simply an extension of their already impressive, jam-packed social lives. It is a place where they can show everyone how amazing it is to be them, while making me feel like I am the one who is on outside looking in. Hey, kinda like high school all over again! Yay.
I have several female Facebook "friends" (the males don't seem to be so braggy) who have a ridiculous amount of friends, hip posts complete with funny banter and mega amounts of comments underneath, and pictures splattered all over my newsfeed of them, and all of their attractive peeps, having a blast at gatherings that I wasn't invited to. And I just know that their friends are all executives in some high-powered office, they all Zoomba, drink wine with their dinner, and have purses that match their shoes. In other words, they are the happening people. In other words, so not like me.
My worst night mare used to be about a serial killer breaking in, or big hairy spiders. But now, it's what if I post something on Facebook and no one makes a comment underneath? Or even a like? Ohh man, wake me up now!   

No comments:

Post a Comment